Friday, January 21, 2011

Good the Bad and the Ugly


If you don't know what NEET means it means Not Employed, Education, Training.
I have experienced it for a bit, for 1 year . Flashback 
When I was 16 the legal age to get a job my plan was to save then go to a dorm for collage or Uni because, I want to see whats its like away from my parents( quarreling, complaining, forcing me to shit at every opportunity all day everyday)   temporarily im sure I can deal with a room mate unless they bring people to drink at night or comes in with girls. I tried McDonald's,Taco bell, KFC and local grocers nothing, even  got an interview for bus boy for the keg restaurant( I tried to be serious because this sounds like a cool job for a teen to work in that setting) I didn't know I had to act all high spirited and enthusiastic i'm not much of a faker either, the feed back from my older sister was the manager said I didn't smile when .

Well that failed but I was able to get a job at 17 for a school job program for summer time its a week of school training, then training from a job center. The strange part was my registration was a mess but it pulled through so I skipped the training center it was about awareness about your rights.

The option I had was taco bell or a small restaurant.So I also registered at my local bank and I took the small restaurant for some reason the owner gives me lunch and  stuff but didn't give me much of a general idea with the daily routine, so sometimes he gets upset...
After that 18 yrs old did the same thing the new things I got was a resume with stuff on it and a few certifications, I had o idea why I didn't check out malls that time ops nope computer and thinking to myself that I will try to think more on school (why did I listen to the teachers about that, they are making money i'm not) . All that before the economy was retarded I will continue this story as a filler post for tomorrows blog.

Having a job was neat without it I would not have this cheep laptop on sale( I bought it right away because my desktop computer broke because my mom pulled the cord cause of my younger brother) that depreciated 4 years so bad that I can't play games properly with it I added some minor RAM upgrades and, a G router. Then all of a sudden my parents talk crap telling me the computer is making me stupid( bias parents are bias they can't use a computer hurr) and making me stay up late I sometimes have problems sleeping before I used computers a lot.
This is my setting, its now like a desktop because a part broke and I fixed it but, I was angry when I was fixing it so I broke the screen.
.
Here is also the way I had my resume that never gets me calls, edited of course.


 OBJECTIVE
GET JOB
Profile

·         Over three years of experience and training in operations, maintenance and customer service in the hospitality industry
·         Food Handler Certificate and adherence to kitchen safety and sanitation procedures
·         Ability to multi-task while maintaining critical attention to detail
·         Demonstrated strong communication, problem-solving and decision-making skills in fast-paced, high-stress environments
·         Dedicated and motivated to achieve high performance standards both independently and in teams
·         A dedicated team player who is motivated to achieve the highest performance standards; Remarkable ability to work independently and work in a team


RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
            
§  Handled cash transactions with accuracy
§  Received, unpacked and stored supplies in all appropriate storage and work areas; ensured regular rotation of inventory
§  Selected as a Mentor for the orientation of new student volunteers
§  Observed safety procedures and ensured a clean work area at all times
§  Operated the POS for food and beverage orders
§  Assisted customer with the selection and delivery of their meals
§  Prepared food that was made available to customers
§  Maintained safety procedures and ensured a clean work area at all times

EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE

Food & Beverage Server(Externship)
The Chefs' House, Toronto, ON                                                                                  Summer 2010
Customer Service Associate(Volunteer)
Breakfast Club Volunteer                    2007- 2008
Bus/Prep Chef(Co-op Placement)
Co-op Worker at Raging Bull, Toronto, ON                                                     Summer 2007

EDUCATION AND AWARDS/CERTIFICATES

Food & Beverage Management Program Diploma
                                                                        2012
Smart Serve Certificate
Ontario Service Training, Toronto                                                                   2010
Ontario Secondary School Diploma
                                                            2008
Food Handler Certificate
Toronto Public Health, Toronto                                                                                   2007

REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST

7 comments:

  1. What happened to that poor laptop?

    Your resume is better than mine, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm over 20 and I've never worked a single day of my life, nor had thoughts of moving out. My uncle is in his 30's and lives with my grandmother still, but he does have a job. I always thought it was better for both the parents and the children if the family sticks together and pitches in for the living costs, y'know?

    >computer is making me stupid

    I don't even know how anyone can say this seriously, no offense. Even the oldest people I know are amazed and recognize how beneficial computers are to our generation, wishing they had the internet when growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. > I always thought it was better for both the parents and the children if the family sticks together and pitches in for the living costs

    Ya I agree with that I was thinking of doing this and, not abandon my family but I want to know how they would be off if I wasn't there for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toronto eh? I wish I would have known that when I was up there last weekend, someone to hang out with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your resume is a lot better than mine overall. The only work experience I have is seasonal jobs so my references kind of suck.

    >computer is making me stupid

    Computers don't make people stupid. They just help reveal how stupid an individual really is via internetZ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If my family weren't so conservative I would probably become a NEET.

    That's a good resume! Better than mine, by far. Best of luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my resume is pretty plain, but i haven't had to search for a job for a while. im with a really good company

    ReplyDelete